Today I woke up this morning with my Mom on my mind. September 23rd is her birthday. Words can NOT even express how awesome a lady she was. I would not even know where to begin. She touched so many lives. She had such a sweet, loving, humble spirit. When people needed prayer and wanted to see results, they came to Mom. She would ring those "prayer bells of Heaven" until the Lord answered. I had a dream of my Mom a couple of weeks ago. I hugged her in the dream. When I did, I could actually feel her. The warmth and softness of her body. I could smell her perfume. She leaned down and whispered such comforting words in my ear. I could HEAR those words audibly. It was so surreal. I have never had a dream like that in my life. It was so awesome that God would give me a few seconds with her like that. Call me crazy, but I know what I felt. I miss her so much. When I watch my sons grow and see their accomplishments, I am sadden that she can't be here to enjoy it. Would I call her back to this life if I could?? NO WAY! She is in paradise with Jesus. I would NEVER want her to come back to this world full of hurt and disappointments.
I was so blessed to be her daughter. Even tho I miss her sometime so bad it hurts (like today), I want to praise the Lord for giving me the opportunity to even know her in my life. He could have chosen for me a disfunctional mother. One that didn't know how to love or care for their child. But He chose for me a mother that taught me how to be a Godly mother. How to love my boys with every part of my heart and teach them the ways of the Lord. He blessed me with a mother that was not only my Mom, but she was my best friend. I encourage you today, if you are blessed enough to still have your mother, call her up and tell her how much you love her. One of these days she will be gone and you will wish that you had 1 more moment to spend with her.Until next time.....
God Bless~

1 comment:
What a sweet post, your mom would be proud!
Love you!
Post a Comment